Assignment #3 - Text / Image
Begin with a quote or phrase that either inspires you or one that you think is interesting
(inspiring, amusing, confusing, annoying, etc.)
You are asked to create 2 image files with the same text. These two images will be of contrasting styles where the same text could be interpreted in drastically different ways.
To do this, you can design with contrasting styles in terms of font face, color, image. Bold vs. Muted. Literal vs. Ambiguous. Your design choices will be your own. The goal is for a contrast in the way the text is interpreted.
One page, double-spaced
In your response, please supply a backstory for the text used. Where is it from? How do you interpret the text? I'd like you to then analyse how your two images create a contrast in interpretation.
- Practice setting specific digital file sizes
- Use of Text Layers, Styles, and Effects
- Manipulation of Raster images for legibility with Text Layers
- Layout of Text, Graphics and Text Objects
- Contextual Contrast of Text and Image within a frame and between adjacent works
- Begin with a digital image file that is at least
3300px X 2550px
(this will translate to 8.5" x 11" @ 300ppi)
- Create a total of 2 digital image files
- Use 1 line of text (this will be of your choosing)
- Use the SAME line of text for each image
- Use different photographs or graphics in each digital image file to contrast the style and over-all meaning.
- Raster Images - use original photographs or if appropriated, cite the source and give credit to image usage in your Response Paper.
- Use either the same style for the text or a contrasting style to create a contrast in tone
Save your digital files in the following format:
a sub folder that contains all of your source files
Please Upload all required files to the Shared Server