Assignment #2: Surreal Composite
Due: October 29, 2019
Turn in to Dropbox:
*include all asset files
lastname_a2.pdf (this is your reflection)
You are asked to create a composite that would belong in a Surreal category. You are asked to create a new environment that does not actually exist but plays with the viewer's sense of 'possible'. You will follow rules and break others.
What makes a surrealist composite successful?
- Use of Scale
- Use of image sources that would not usually be found together (Contextual Contrast)
- Use of Graphic Shapes or Elements
- Use of effective Colors
- Use of Texture
- Area of Focus (This is the subject of your work. What do you want to draw your viewer's attention to?)
- Create a New Document set to 8.5" x 11" @ 300 dpi
- Use at least 3 source images. 1 of these images must be taken by you. This image can be of a landscape, a person, or an object.
- Any source not produced by you must be Fair Use and have no copyright protections. (Free to reuse with modifications non-commercial)
- Produce clean selections
- Demonstrate successful masking and blending
- Use of Adjustment Layers
- Optional: You can draw on your composite.
- Create a PDF where you reflect in writing on the work that you created.
Are you attempting to tell a story? Or perhaps you are working on a theme ... How do you think the viewer will construct a narrative based on your piece?
the making of one of his images: