Creative Project / Poster Art
- You are asked to produce 1 poster design.
- This poster will explore themes that impact you or that you feel strongly about.
- Some examples might be:
- Immigration, access to affordable health care, job security, environment themes such as: global warming, deforestation, increased wild fires, increase storm intensities, flooding, affordable housing, access to clean water
- The text that you choose will be of your choosing, though you can use a slogan that has been used before.
- At least 1 if not a combination of images must be used (preferrably something composited using masking).
- Your Poster must be sized to 11" x 17" @300 ppi
- You must use a combination of Text and Image
- Consider your layout - where you place your design elements (consider the first research project and design examples).
- Be aware of your use of color. Does your color reflect the mood that you are attempting to create, does it contrast it? Does your color draw the viewers attention?
Response Paper / Influence
Write a 1 page response which will include who you were researching and basing your design on (who or what inspired you in the creation of your poster) and why you choose to design the way you did. This paper is aimed at giving you the space to consider your choices and also helps your instructor see what your influences are. Please include the name of the artist and the work that you were influenced by.
Turn-in: To the Shared Server / zipped
- lastname_a1 (main folder)
- lastname_a1.psd (saved with all layers)
- lastname_a1.jpg (optimized with maximum quality)
- lastname_a1.pdf (this is your response paper)
- create a sub folder called assets and place any used files for the project into that folder
Really great site describing How Posters Work
WPA - Works Progress Administration
Poster Parade 1890's - 1960's (travel, commercial products, war propaganda, entertainment, etc.)
Vienna Secession (art nouveau in vienna and germany 1895-1918)
Artists (if they aren't linked, please copy into a google search)
Barbara Kruger (you should just google her for a list of images)