Exercise #5 - PolyScape
Perez, 2018 (student work)
Turn in to Dropbox:
include an assets folder.
- Canvas set-up for a pixel dimension of 2550px (or LARGER)
- You can complete this exercise using only 1 image or 2 at the most. It is best to use your own images for this, but if you do not have access, please only use a fair-use image. I recommend either UnSplash or Pexels.
- Shapes (Raster, Vector, or download a Geometric Pattern)
- Clipping Masks / Raster Masks / Vector Masks (shapes)
- Adjustment Layers (manipulate color, tones)
- Layer Styles (stroke, overlays, glows, shadows)
- Opacity Settings, Blend Modes - experiment
Combining Geometry and Photography (examples)
Lugo, 2018 (student work)
Professional Artist Example:
Kensuke Koike, "Indirect Appropriation", 2013
Instructor Example (2 landscapes, 1 geometric pattern, layer style, blendmode)