Turn in to Dropbox:
lastname_a2-PRINT.tif (tif saved with no layers & Sharpened)
*include all asset files
You will PRINT and MOUNT this assignment.
Your task is to create a composited image in Photoshop that tells a subjective story. This new landscape will be a psychological one. It does not have to tell a literal story, but will be wide open for interpretation.
In addition to possessing a photographic quality, you will also incorporate graphic design elements.
- Canvas set-up to print: 8.5" x 11" @ 300 ppi (or LARGER)
- Choose 1 shape. (This shape will be a dominate component in your layout)
- Choose 1 color to behave as a dominate component in your layout.
- Choose 2 landscape images to combine (1 of those must be taken by you. you can use the scanner too)
- Choose 1 subject (an element that acts as our area of focus)
- Repeating elements (this can be a shape, or the subject, or a pattern)
Use each of the following:
- dominate color
- photographic elements (at least 2 sources. 1 taken by you, and 1 can be faire-use. You can also use the scannner)
- graphic elements (lines, shapes. Consider using Negative Space in your composition)
- a color pallete that supports your dominate color choice (monochromatic, contrasting colors, or purposeful color shifts)
PolyScape Tutorial - You do not have to produce this style for the assignment. It is an option.
Shapes Tutorials (psd essentials)
Sphere Tutorial (video)
"Abstract Effect" (photoshop lady)
Archigram - avant-garde architectural movement from in the 1960's