Turn in to Dropbox:
*include all asset files
Your task is to create a composited image in Photoshop that tells a subjective story. This new landscape will be a psychological one. It does not have to tell a literal story, but will be wide open for interpretation.
In addition to possessing a photographic quality, you will also incorporate graphic design elements.
- Canvas set-up to print: 8.5" x 11" @ 300 ppi (or LARGER)
- Choose 1 shape. (This shape will be a dominate component in your layout)
- Choose 1 color to behave as a dominate component in your layout.
- Choose 2 landscape images to combine (1 of those must be scanned or taken by you)
- Choose 1 subject (a character that acts as our area of focus)
- Repeating elements (this can be a shape, or the subject, or a pattern)
Use each of the following:
- dominate color
- photographic elements (at least 3 sources. 1 scanned, 1 taken by you, and 1 can be online)
- graphic elements (lines, bold negative space, shapes)
- a color pallete that supports your dominate color choice (monochromatic, contrasting colors, or purposeful color shifts)
Shapes Tutorials (psd essentials)
Sphere Tutorial (video)
"Abstract Effect" (photoshop lady)
Archigram - avant-garde architectural movement from in the 1960's